Various Artists: Sheryl Crow - Artist's Choice
Music That Matters To Her
On this little oddball concept album, Sheryl Crow invites you into her living room so she can play the records from her collection that have most influenced and inspired her.
When compiled onto one disc, the collection makes total sense. Bob Dylan is represented, as are Carole King, James Taylor, the Pretenders and Squeeze. From Elton John's "Someone Saved My Life Tonight" to The Band's "The Weight," it is apparent that Crow didn't rattle off tunes that she thought would make her sound cool and informed. Instead, she took the project seriously and, with thoughtfulness, stitched together a musical quilt that she feels has warmed her sound.
This is a must-have for anyone interested in songwriting and songwriters, or Sheryl Crow.
--Dan Aquilante, New York Post, April 2003
Various Artists - Sheryl Crow: Artist's Choice - 2003 - Universal Catalogue 069493585-2
- Bob Dylan - Don't Think Twice, It's All Right
- Carole King - So Far Away
- Aretha Franklin - I Never Loved A Man (The Way I Love You)
- Marvin Gaye - What's Going On
- Squeeze - Tempted
- Crowded House - Don't Dream It's Over
- Jeff Trott - The Few That Remain
- The Pretenders - Talk Of The Town
- Emmylou Harris - Red Dirt Girl
- Ryan Adams - Amy
- Elton John - Somebody Saved My Life Tonight
- Willie Nelson - Blue Eyes Crying In The Rain
- James Taylor - You Can Close Your Eyes
- Rod Stewart - Maggie May
- The Band w/the Staple Singers - The Weight
[Chat Room] [Search]
[What's New?] [Main Page]