Los Lobos: The Ride
May 2004 album from veteran latino rockers Los Lobos, with a guest list including
Elvis Costello, Tom Waits, Richard Thompson, The Band's Garth Hudson, Mavis Staples, R&B legend Bobby Womack and many others.
"It took a little gymnastics, but we did it,"
Los Lobos' multi-instrumentalist Louie Perez says about making the guest-filled
"Mavis and Bobby, we had to go to them. We'd send Garth Hudson a file and he'd go nuts on it. Waits, we sent an eight-track cassette and he messed around with it and sent it back. Then there were days where I'd pull up to Cesar's [guitarist Rosas] house and I look in the rearview mirror and Richard Thompson's pulling in behind me. There were so many different ways it got done, but this was really a needle and thread sewn into the fabric of what we're all about."
Los Lobos, 2004
Garth Hudson plays on the tracks
"La Venganza de los Pelados", where
he does a piano solo on the end of the song,
and "Chains of Love."
Back in 1990, Levon Helm contributed vocals and mandolin
to Los Lobos' great album The Neighbourhood.
- La Venganza de los Pelados (with Cafe Tacuba and Garth Hudson)
- Rita (Mitchell Froom)
- Is This All There Is (Thee Midnighters' Willie G)
- Somewhere in Time (Dave Alvin)
- Wicked Rain/Across 110th Street (Bobby Womack)
- Kitate (Tom Waits and Quetzal's Martha Gonzales)
- Hurry Tomorrow
- Ya Se Va (Ruben Blades and Alberto Salas)
- Wreck of Carlos Rey (Richard Thompson)
- Someday (Mavis Staples and Lonnie Jordan)
- Matter of Time (Elvis Costello)
- Chains of Love (Garth Hudson)
- Call from Rita 1978
Los Lobos - The Ride - 2004 - Hollywood 162443
[Chat Room] [Search]
[What's New?] [Main Page]